Reports to: Executive Leadership
Location: Los Angeles (HQ in Downtown LA)
Who is Larta Institute?
Larta Institute is a non-profit organization accelerating innovation and entrepreneurship.
Our mission is to foster science and technology innovation for a sustainable planet.
Our planet is experiencing significant global problems created by human behavior and policies affecting the environment, food, education, energy, and healthcare systems. New science and technology play a critical role in transforming how we sustainably feed, fuel, and heal the world.
Larta was founded in 1993, in Los Angeles, as one of California’s regional technology alliances to stimulate the economic development of technology-based enterprises in Southern California. Larta quickly became the national partner for numerous federal government agencies to commercialize novel research and innovation – including DARPA, NIH, DOE, NSF, NIST, NOAA, and USDA.
Today, our innovation platform and ecosystem accelerate new science and technology from idea to sustainable enterprise – by providing a unique combination of connections, resources, and funding. We have helped over 6,000 startups, and our alumni have raised over $6.5 billion in funds. We engage with federal science-based institutes, state and local economic development and entrepreneurial support organizations, private sponsors, donors and funders. Our programs are well regarded across the country.
What is the role?
The Programs Associate will assist in all aspects of planning, development, monitoring, delivery, and control of Larta’s market research and/or other professional services within Larta’s suite of commercialization services and programs. Larta’s client portfolio includes recipients of SBIR/STTR (Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer) awards from various U.S. Federal agencies, companies from the private sector, foundations, and investment firms. These programs are designed to assist innovative entrepreneurs and university researchers with various commercialization activities including customized business consulting, intellectual property assessment, market research, pitch deck review, company financials, introduction to key industry stakeholders and potential investors, website design, marketing, and branding.
What would my day look like?
- Provide support to key members of the Program Operations team at Larta to plan, execute and monitor and control all Larta programs.
- Manage day-to-day programs operational tasks ensuring timely execution of agreed upon deliverables.
- Assessment of market research needs from program participants with review/enhancement of market research reports.
- QA/QC of all program services/products delivery reports.
- Collection and consolidation of program and impact metrics for program monthly and annual reports.
- Tracking companies to watch out for, success stories and documenting case studies.
- Assist in all programs with company recruitment campaigns.
- Coordination of program surveys, data analysis and interpretation of results. Prepare and coordinate customer satisfaction surveys.
- Mine data from primary and secondary sources, reorganizing data in a format that can be easily read.
- Assist in program status reports for Larta Executive reviews.
- Make suggestions and issue IT tickets to improve Larta portal features.
- Assist the Program Managers in drafting content for webinars and other presentations as needed.
- Assist in planning and execution of Ideas, Energized Webinar series, podcasts, and blogs.
- Special projects as required (e.g., documentation of workflow processes, development of standard operating procedures).
- Event Logistics – Assist in planning and execution of all logistical aspects of Larta’s flagship industry event, Ag Innovation Showcase, and all virtual and live events, including but not limited to webinars, industry salons, demo days, industry networking meetings, TABA recruitment events, accelerator program events.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What skills and experience does Larta require?
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in science-related fields and/or business).
- Minimum 1-2 years professional work experience in Program/Project Management, Market Research or Business Development.
- Interest in new science & technology start-ups, innovation, entrepreneurship, emerging companies, and ventures preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Office 365, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Skilled in data analytics and presenting data with charts, graphs, and other tools.
- Ability to thrive under pressure while simultaneously managing multiple issues and assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with a culturally diverse staff across teams and with effective interpersonal skills.
What we offer!
Larta Institute offers a competitive and attractive compensation and benefits package, as follows:
- Full-time employment within a mission-driven, non-profit organization
- An open, diverse, and inclusive culture, with a commitment to job stability and personal growth
- Opportunities dedicated to personal and professional development
- Performance bonus potential
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Paid time off for one week during the end of year holidays
- Health insurance coverage, with low employee premium contribution
- 401(k) with employer match
- Subsidized parking or transportation
- Monthly reimbursement on data package (internet/mobile)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Larta Institute is committed to providing an accessible, safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for all. Our Anti-Discrimination Policy aims to ensure that all members of the Larta Institute community – including our staff, startup founders, mentors, government officials, industry executives, investors, speakers, sponsors, donors, advisory board members, and other community members – are treated with dignity and respect in an open culture that is free from harassment, discrimination, violence, and other inappropriate conduct.
Larta Institute is committed to diversity, equitable access, and inclusion.
Employment Status: Exempt
Salary range: $65,000 – $70,000
Seniority Level: Senior Associate
How to Apply
Complete an application, including providing a resume and cover letter here
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Larta Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities, and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of Larta’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented, and diverse workforce. Larta Institute is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination as defined by both California and federal laws.