Reports to: Executive Leadership
Location: Los Angeles (HQ in Downtown LA)
Who is Larta Institute?
Larta Institute is a non-profit organization accelerating innovation and entrepreneurship. Our mission is to foster science and technology innovation for a sustainable planet.
Our planet is experiencing significant global problems created by human behavior and policies affecting the environment, food, education, energy, and healthcare systems. New science and technology play a critical role in transforming how we sustainably feed, fuel, and heal the world.
Larta was founded in 1993, in Los Angeles, as one of California’s regional technology alliances to stimulate the economic development of technology-based enterprises in Southern California. Larta quickly became the national partner for numerous federal government agencies to commercialize novel research and innovation – including DARPA, NIH, DOE, NSF, NIST, NOAA, and USDA.
Today, our innovation platform and ecosystem accelerate new science and technology from idea to sustainable enterprise – by providing a unique combination of connections, resources, and funding. We have helped over 4,500 startups, and our alumni have raised over $6.5 billion in funds.
What is the role?
The Operations Coordinator coordinates and supports collaborative projects within Operations, acting as liaison to the rest of the organization. This role leverages experience building and implementing streamlined processes to help the team manage and support protocols and procedures and to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in all we do across the organization. The Operations Coordinator is a resource for the Operations team (Ops and HR) and works on designing and delivering policies and projects in alignment with the organization. We are looking for someone who is an energetic, passionate self-starter who wants to make a difference in the world, thrives under pressure, is driven by results, and pivots well while remaining, composed, fast, and flexible as he/she wears multiple hats.
The Operations Coordinator will be a problem solver and critical thinker with a solution- and action-oriented mindset as well as being a stellar communicator who is able to take instruction and feedback and act on it. We are, most importantly, seeking an individual who is ready to invest and grow within our organization.
What would my day look like?
- Specialize in planning, managing, and executing projects related to Operations and Human Resources.
- Act as liaison between Operations/Human Resources and the organization as a whole.
- Utilize our internal project management, knowledge management, and file management processes to execute projects and tasks from inception to completion.
- Learn new platforms and assist with creating, implementing, and maintaining training materials, best practices, and SOPs for the team and for our knowledge base.
- Support communications within the organization while maintaining clear documentation of projects and needs.
- Remain highly adaptable and able to pivot quickly, keeping priorities in mind based on the size, scope, and timeline of projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including scheduling meetings, preparing meeting agendas, ordering meals, coordinating with vendors for in-house events, and keeping track of the supply inventory.
- Support with Larta office suite and building coordination per the request of the Operations Manager and HR related projects per request of the HR Specialist.
- Collaborate on cross functional projects and special projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What skills and experience does Larta require?
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years professional work experience in Program/Project Management, operations, or similar role
- Knowledge of project management — including design, coordination, resource management and delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous work in a startup environment a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks while assisting your team to focus on priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to thrive under pressure while simultaneously managing multiple issues and assignments
- Ability to collaborate with a culturally diverse staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What we offer!
Larta Institute offers a competitive and attractive compensation and benefits package, as follows:
- Full-time employment within a mission-driven, non-profit organization
- An open, diverse and inclusive culture, with a commitment to job stability and personal growth
- Opportunities dedicated to personal and professional development
- Quarterly and annual performance bonus potential
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Paid time off for one week during the end of year holiday season.
- Health insurance coverage, with low employee premium contribution
- 401(k) with employer match
- Subsidized parking or transportation
- Monthly reimbursement on data package (internet/mobile)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Larta Institute is committed to providing an accessible, safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for all. Our Anti-Discrimination Policy aims to ensure that all members of the Larta Institute community – including our staff, startup founders, mentors, government officials, industry executives, investors, speakers, sponsors, donors, advisory board members, and other community members – are treated with dignity and respect in an open culture that is free from harassment, discrimination, violence, and other inappropriate conduct.
Larta Institute is committed to diversity, equitable access, and inclusion.
Salary Range: $28-$30/hour
How to Apply
Complete an application, including providing a resume and cover letter here.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Larta Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities, and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of Larta’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented, and diverse workforce. Larta Institute is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination as defined by both California and federal laws.