Reports to: Senior Manager, Innovation
Location: Los Angeles (HQ in Downtown LA)
About Larta Institute
Larta Institute is a nonprofit organization accelerating innovation & entrepreneurship. Our mission is to foster science & technology innovation for a sustainable planet. Our planet is experiencing significant global problems created by human behavior and policies affecting the environment, food, education, energy & healthcare systems. New science & technology plays a critical role in transforming how we sustainably feed, fuel, and heal the world.
LARTA was founded in 1993, funded by the State of California as a Los Angeles Regional Technology Alliance to stimulate the economic development of technology-based enterprises. Now known as Larta Institute, the organization quickly became the national partner for numerous federal government agencies — including DARPA, NIH, DOE, NSF, NIST, NOAA and USDA — to commercialize novel research and innovation. Today, our innovation platform & ecosystem accelerates new science & technology from idea to sustainable enterprise – by providing a unique combination of connections, resources, and funding. We have helped over 4,500 startups, and our alumni have raised over $7BN in funds.
Together, let’s feed, fuel, and heal the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter with exceptional multi-tasking and writing skills, who is passionate about technology-driven innovation, to join the Larta team. This internship offers a valuable opportunity to gain hands-on experience at the intersection of branding, marketing, and communications (BMC). As Larta expands its reach and programs, we require support for our BMC team. We are specifically looking for candidates whose majors and interests align with the BMC field, ensuring a good fit for this internship.
In this role, you will have the chance to immerse yourself in the dynamic world of BMC and contribute to our team’s efforts. Your responsibilities may include assisting with brand development, collaborating on marketing campaigns, and supporting various communication initiatives and reporting needs. You should have a keen eye for detail and the ability to effectively communicate ideas through various channels. Through your work, you will gain practical skills and insights into the strategies and tactics that drive effective branding, marketing, and communication in the technology and innovation sector.
As the Branding, Marketing & Communications Intern, you must possess the ability to efficiently manage your time and be extremely detail-oriented. Excellent analytical, verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to be successful at this position. The intern will support Larta’s strategic initiatives in the following ways:
- Research and Analysis:
- Support market research and competitive analysis to identify industry trends, best practices, and potential target audiences.
- Assist in gathering data and insights to support marketing and communications strategies.
- Support data analysis and interpretation to provide meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Social Media Management:
- Assist in managing Larta Institute’s social media channels (LinkedIn & Instagram).
- Support with developing engaging content for social media posts and campaigns.
- Monitor social media platforms, respond to comments, and engage with the online community.
- Community Engagement:
- Assist in fostering and expanding Larta Institute’s online and offline community engagement.
- Collaborate with team members to develop strategies for building and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Support the coordination of community events, workshops, and webinars.
- Data Analytics and Reporting:
- Collect, analyze, and report data on marketing and communication metrics to measure the effectiveness of various initiatives.
- Support in creation of reports and presentations to communicate key findings and recommendations to the team.
What skills and experience does Larta require?
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate degree program (preferably in a Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field).
- Commitment to internship for at least 4-6 months; longer commitments preferred.
- Available to work a minimum of 15 hours and a maximum of 29 hours per week.
- Proficient in Office 365, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with data analysis tools and reporting platforms is a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Larta Institute is committed to providing an accessible, safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for all. Our Anti-Discrimination Policy aims to ensure that all members of the Larta Institute community – including our staff, startup founders, mentors, government officials, industry executives, investors, speakers, sponsors, donors, advisory board members, and other community members – are treated with dignity and respect in an open culture that is free from harassment, discrimination, violence, and other inappropriate conduct.
Larta Institute is committed to diversity, equitable access, and inclusion.
Employment Status: Internship
Hourly Pay Range: $16.78
How to Apply
Complete an application, including providing a resume and cover letter here.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Larta Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of Larta’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Larta Institute is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination as defined by both California and federal laws.