What is Larta?
Larta Institute is a mission-driven innovation accelerator that provides a runway of success for world-changing ideas in food and agriculture, energy, and life sciences. We give promising scientists and entrepreneurs the tools they need to “feed, fuel, and heal” the world. As a world-class accelerator, Larta Institute’s mission is to uncover solutions that improve the lives of people throughout the world. For over 25 years, we have supported entrepreneurs around the world, helping them bring their life-changing products to a constantly evolving marketplace.
We seek a capable, organized, and motivated individual who is passionate about Larta’s mission and excited about the opportunity to contribute to the Energy Practice. You will be part of a team working to catalyze change in the energy sector through a program that identifies, curates and develops cutting-edge innovations of interest to multiple stakeholders. If you have a background in Market Research, Program/Project Management, (and, as a bonus, Business Development), we want to hear from you.
At Larta, we are…
Lifelong Learners and Leaders
Ambitious and Adaptable
Resourceful and Respectful
Team Players and Trustworthy
Altruistic and Accountable
What will you do?
The Program Associate will assist in all aspects of planning, development, monitoring, delivery and control of Larta’s market research and/or other professional services within Larta’s suite of commercialization assistance programs. Larta’s client portfolio includes recipients of SBIR/STTR (Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer) awards from various U.S. Federal agencies as well as companies from the private sector. These programs are designed to assist innovative entrepreneurs and university researchers with various commercialization activities including customized business consulting, intellectual property assessment, market research, pitch deck review, company financials, introduction to key industry stakeholders and potential investors, website design, marketing and branding.
The Program Associate will be involved in every aspect of program management, including communicating with key stakeholders, working directly with entrepreneurs to assess their market research and business development needs, assisting with various menu services and related deliverables and traveling to conferences/meetings as required.
What would my day look like?
- Assessment of market research needs from program participants
- Review/enhancement of market research reports
- Assist in the delivery of market research reports to Larta clients and correspondence with external market research providers.
- Review of business development services provided to entrepreneurs
- Documentation and updates of program action items/issues logs
- Coordination of program surveys, data analysis and interpretation of results
- Communication with participating entrepreneurs, mentors, and industry representatives
- Assist in the management of commercial assistance engagements and deliverables
- Assist with the content of program related reports and including performance metrics
- Assist Project Manager and Senior Program Associate on projects as needed
- Special projects as required (e.g., documentation of workflow processes, development of standard operating procedures and tracking of technology tickets).
- Management/coordination of customer satisfaction surveys
- Additional duties as assigned
What skills and experience does Larta require?
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, economics, energy/environmental-related fields).
- 3 years of professional work experience in Market Research, Business Development and/or Program/Project Management.
- Highly skilled in data analytics and presenting data with charts, graphs and other tools.
- Strong proficiency in Office 365, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Interest in technology, innovation and entrepreneurship preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and simultaneously manage multiple issues and assignments in a fast-paced environment.
Salary range: $52,000-$57,000
Employment Status: Exempt
What we offer!
Larta offers a competitive and attractive compensation and benefits package, as follows:
- Full-time employment with a growing company committed to job stability and personal growth
- Opportunities dedicated to personal and professional development
- Annual performance bonus potential
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Office closes last week of each year
- Health insurance coverage, with low employee premium contribution.
- 401(k) with employer match after 9 months of employment
- Subsidized parking or transportation
- Monthly reimbursement on data package (home/mobile)
How to Apply
Please send a customized cover letter outlining your background and suitability for this position with Larta Institute and a resume highlighting your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit with the following subject line: Larta Program Associate – Energy Practice.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion
Larta is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of Larta’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Larta Institute is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination as defined by both California and federal laws.